No tests... ever.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I kept a record of that a long time ago. Diff equipment and different rocks were in place... lol why are you guys so fixated on the "science" part. I was just saying alot of people on here treat their reef tanks as a science project... which in my opinion. It isn’t... and as long as you have a healthy bio load then I guess that scratches the biological aspec...
why focus on the science? why not. you are, after all, replicating a biological system that is not natural in life for living inhabitants. if science and biology have nothing to do with this, why do you do water changes?

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you don’t know if your parameters are stable, because you don’t test. We get people like you here all the time, people who’ve been in the hobby less than a year, who think they’ve cracked the code, who make these kind of outlandish posts, who then make flippant and obstinate replies when they’re challenged on what they think they know. You leave out the incredibly relevant part that you do big water changes every other day, and when it’s pointed out that it’s misleading to omit that information from your initial claim, you say it’s not misleading and then make the audaciously disingenuous claim that it’s the audience’s fault for not asking about it. You go on to make a bunch of other equally obnoxious claims, from the frankly absurd (‘there’s not much science behind keeping a reef tank’), the objectively untrue (‘it’s stable and mature’). There’s no point in even trying to actually discuss the topic, because you’re not interested in discussion, you wanted to make a statement you knew would receive pushback (and rightly so) and then condescend to people with your months of experience. These kind of posts always get a lot of attention, but they’re kind of just boring and predictable at this point. It would be forgivable to make an intentionally provocative, antagonistic post if it was actually a new or interesting take. But it’s not. It’s like someone posting that they’re keeping a tang in a tiny tank and claiming it’s been ‘fat and happy’ for six whole months. It’s just exhausted, obvious bait.
Lol... I have 0 time to read the essay you just posted... sorry not sorry. Tank is good though...

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why focus on the science? why not. you are, after all, replicating a biological system that is not natural in life for living inhabitants. if science and biology have nothing to do with this, why do you do water changes?
Lol to replenish any lacking trace minerals... but I mean everyone should know that right ? Kinda like adding gas to your car...

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I kept a record of that a long time ago. Diff equipment and different rocks were in place... lol why are you guys so fixated on the "science" part. I was just saying alot of people on here treat their reef tanks as a science project... which in my opinion. It isn’t... and as long as you have a healthy bio load then I guess that scratches the biological aspec...
Thats not a record this is a record!!!!! Of this month...... if you look deep it's two tanks with two Hanna alkalinity testers that are sometimes giving the same reading and that's crazy.....lists/records pffffftttttt who needs em!

Attachments

• 33kuc3.jpg
    33kuc3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220619_195102.jpg
    20220619_195102.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 43

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I have 0 time to read the essay you just posted... sorry not sorry. Tank is good though.

Lol to replenish any lacking trace minerals... but I mean everyone should know that right ? Kinda like adding gas to your car...
right. kinda like...oh whats the word? oh ya...science. but hey. people know how cars operate.what trace minerals would you poissibly need to replenish? after all, why focus on "science". heck. how do you even know you need to replenish some ghost minerals anyway. you havent tested anything. at this point, i think youre wasting energy by doing water changes that arent needed

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not a record this is a record!!!!! Of this month...... if you look deep it's two tanks with two Hanna alkalinity testers that are sometimes giving the same reading and that's crazy.....lists/records pffffftttttt who needs em!
I'm not testing that frequently if ever at all... but I would probably use the same record keeping tech you're using. Lol... your apex record this?

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not testing that frequently if ever at all... but I would probably use the same record keeping tech you're using. Lol... your apex record this?
if you have an apex, you dont need to write it down. but, now im confused. "im not testing that frequently, if ever at all". so, you are testing? just not frequently

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right. kinda like...oh whats the word? oh ya...science. but hey. people know how cars operate.what trace minerals would you poissibly need to replenish? after all, why focus on "science". heck. how do you even know you need to replenish some ghost minerals anyway. you havent tested anything. at this point, i think youre wasting energy by doing water changes that arent needed
Exactly... I don't know if I do lol... but I do WC anyways... but I don't seem to be lacking any or much. Stuff looks good.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So four fish in tank smaller than ten gallons, two of those fish will outgrow it and are better suited for 20 to 30 gallon tanks. Good luck with this.
I really think op needs more fish and more coral to really prove the haters wrong !!! I also think this thread is more about getting attention and most of us are fueling op .

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but, if biology and science dont matter, why WC. mineral amounts, nutrients, etc are all part of marine biology, so why doesnt science matter again?
Yehp sounds about right... you see you got it and I hate to assume anything, but you didn't major or really studied any of that right. Not like hobby studied but like really studied because it's a major part of your life right. If you did then nvm this post lol but if you didn't would you agree with me in saying that... it doesn't take much science to reef right ? Lol... Idk maybe just opposing views

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think op needs more fish and more coral to really prove the haters wrong !!! I also think this thread is more about getting attention and most of us are fueling op .
Lol what's an op? And... well see ya lol... but this will be my build thread now. So you'll be seeing more pics of this. Since we'll you invited yourself lol...

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yehp sounds about right... you see you got it and I hate to assume anything, but you didn't major or really studied any of that right. Not like hobby studied but like really studied because it's a major part of your life right. If you did then nvm this post lol but if you didn't would you agree with me in saying that... it doesn't take much science to reef right ? Lol... Idk maybe just opposing views
if youre asking if you need to be a science major to do it; of course not. does some principles of marine biology help to know stuff in this hobby; yes. if it doesnt take science to reef, there would be an understanding that water changes, or replenishment of contents wouldnt be needed, but we all know that isnt correct. we all know, because of how the ocean, and how its inhabitants work, that we need lighting, water movement, oxygen, etc for a replicated ocean to thrive. but, i guess you just want to overlook that, and be the expert with less than a year of doing this, and saying it "isnt science" when you are literally sitting next to two miniature biomes. if you werent taken seriously before, i definitely dont take you serious now.
your science, and expertise to this is one thing. water change. and you only do that because you know you have to, but dont know why.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No!! I manually test every day! I don't apex, I have a hydros but only for monitoring purposes and basic functions, im old-school kinda, im testing allot right now because I am in a grow out period and my demand is changing sometimes every couple of days but basically enough to where I am needing to manually test every night at 930 just to be able to sleep that night. Most times it's not necessary and I am just reassuring myself, by testing everyday but sometimes I catch a drop or spike and I am able to adjust and make it a non issue.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if youre asking if you need to be a science major to do it; of course not. does some principles of marine biology help to know stuff in this hobby; yes. if it doesnt take science to reef, there would be an understanding that water changes, or replenishment of contents wouldnt be needed, but we all know that isnt correct. we all know, because of how the ocean, and how its inhabitants work, that we need lighting, water movement, oxygen, etc for a replicated ocean to thrive. but, i guess you just want to overlook that, and be the expert with less than a year of doing this, and saying it "isnt science" when you are literally sitting next to two miniature biomes. if you werent taken seriously before, i definitely dont take you serious now.
Lol... ok ? sweet rant ? I guess... lol idk what to tell ya.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 132 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back