OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is 4 years old and I have never did any testing but I do a 2 gallon water change weekly the tank is 15 gallons and I can’t say that everything I put in survived my current residence make it impossible to add more coral and I have a hermit crab and a platygyra that have been in the tank for about three and a half years.
Thanks for sharing. Rad tank man.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Friendly reminder - R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. This can be especially challenging when we perceive trolling activity - please work to separate the problem from the people and focus on addressing the problem.

We highly encourage healthy debate here and understand not everyone will agree on all issues. In fact, we value healthy and even lively discussion of hobby issues and questions...this actually leads to advancements in our hobby, so we ALL win through these debates. What we will not tolerate is the negativity, name calling, belittling attitude towards other members or the topics being discussed. We are not asking you to cease debating your positions. What we are asking is that you do so in a healthy, respectful manner.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 years from now for that one guy who doubted me too... lol!!!
All coral retailers and fish stores use this method. They remove so much water packing orders and replace that water. Most still dose for esthetic reasons but like you they change so much water parameters are always like new sw. Grow out farms can't afford to change often if ever. Daily testing and dosing definitely required. I gambling that your tank will work just because you caught so much hell here for your methods. I hope it works.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly reminder - R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. This can be especially challenging when we perceive trolling activity - please work to separate the problem from the people and focus on addressing the problem.

We highly encourage healthy debate here and understand not everyone will agree on all issues. In fact, we value healthy and even lively discussion of hobby issues and questions...this actually leads to advancements in our hobby, so we ALL win through these debates. What we will not tolerate is the negativity, name calling, belittling attitude towards other members or the topics being discussed. We are not asking you to cease debating your positions. What we are asking is that you do so in a healthy, respectful manner.
Yeah, again I'm not sure what trolling is. That's the 3rd time I hear it on thus thread. And in also not sure how I offended anyone in my original posts or any after. But if anyone did take offense,I'm sorry.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, again I'm not sure what trolling is. That's the 3rd time I hear it on thus thread. And in also not sure how I offended anyone in my original posts or any after. But if anyone did take offense,I'm sorry.
You're just doing something different and it bugs some people.

Ef4life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
64989860-CD87-4265-8FC2-CA90D53F4349.png

Off your meds?

Ef4life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALOT of people...
It’s not what your doing, it’s the attitude of you know best, and you don’t. I have filter socks older than your entire reefing career. You can get away without testing for a long time. And if you keep up your maintenance schedule your probably going to be ok for a while, but no one with a packed sps tank and put in the work to get there is just going to wing it without testing fairly regularly.

I sincerely hope you and your tank succeed in this endeavor but time and time again we have seen similar tanks with similar end results.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine with the limited coral in it. My only concern would be a bad batch of salt that parameters weren't what they were advertised. If nothing swings too fast it should be good.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not what your doing, it’s the attitude of you know best, and you don’t. I have filter socks older than your entire reefing career. You can get away without testing for a long time. And if you keep up your maintenance schedule your probably going to be ok for a while, but no one with a packed sps tank and put in the work to get there is just going to wing it without testing fairly regularly.

I sincerely hope you and your tank succeed in this endeavor but time and time again we have seen similar tanks with similar end results.
Lol... I know best because I'm not testing ? Lol... I'm not having anything negative results so far ? I really don't understand your guy's issue. But it's ok... thanks man.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... dude. There isn't much science behind keeping a reef tank. I could easily throw on a lab coat bust out the kits and bill nye away.

Im not saying you need to test. If you don’t want to test, don’t. I didn’t test my tank very much because I knew after years of keeping it what it needed.

But it is utterly ridiculous and uninformed to say “there isn’t much science behind keeping a reef tank.”.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets be honest, anyone within this thread knows what a troll is. the op, after saying that he isnt sure what a troll is, goes on to tell someone to stop trolling. if i give you the benefit of the doubt to say that perhaps you dont know what a troll is, it would be the equivalent to an instigator. that was likely the point of creating this thread, or at the very least, the way the responses have been throughout this. op knew, or at likely had some inkling that this thread would get a rise out of people because it goes against the norm, as he knows according to post number 45. "I guess to prove the haters wrong". all of this from teh same person that battled a dino issue at the start, and also has the suggestion of just starting a tank over with a GHA problem. seems that the simple reaction to issues, instead of battling the underlying cause (because of you know, testing), is to reset and start over.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets be honest, anyone within this thread knows what a troll is. the op, after saying that he isnt sure what a troll is, goes on to tell someone to stop trolling. if i give you the benefit of the doubt to say that perhaps you dont know what a troll is, it would be the equivalent to an instigator. that was likely the point of creating this thread, or at the very least, the way the responses have been throughout this. op knew, or at likely had some inkling that this thread would get a rise out of people because it goes against the norm, as he knows according to post number 45. "I guess to prove the haters wrong". all of this from teh same person that battled a dino issue at the start, and also has the suggestion of just starting a tank over with a GHA problem. seems that the simple reaction to issues, instead of battling the underlying cause (because of you know, testing), is to reset and start over.
Lol... what ? This sounds like a conspiracy ... hope this doesn't offend you. Really not trying to...

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not saying you need to test. If you don’t want to test, don’t. I didn’t test my tank very much because I knew after years of keeping it what it needed.

But it is utterly ridiculous and uninformed to say “there isn’t much science behind keeping a reef tank.”.
Ok.

Back