OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not arguing about the science and biology of it? Really? You said you don't think theres really any science to it...or perhaps the truth is that you just have absolutely no idea what actually goes on in any kind of ecosystem. That's more likely.
Lol... you were asking about peppermint shrimp to eat aptasia in your 10 gal a month ago... you're opinion isn't valid. Lol

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1655696954572.gif

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta raise your cal up... lol... yeah I've taken everything you stated into consideration, but I also know forsure there's no major swings in cal, alk, mag, salinity, nitrate ph etc in between WC because well I've been doing it long enough on this system... again it's been working for now and unless I run into any major issues then I'll probably keep the same routine... fish are also ok. Lol eating, healthy... NOT fighting... lol plenty of room as you can see in the vid. I don't think it's occurred to anyone that I can up the tank size for both fish and coral...I just think people on here are really emotionally attached to their tanks, almost like children or spouses... lol and realizing that I'm not emotionally married to anything in that tank and the fact that my approach is so unconventional just rubs people the wrong way. Some people get it... others don't. I'm not here to please anyone lol... it was originally just a nano post with no testing. Then someone called it a flexpost and trolling for who knows why... maybe they're just softies. Like their coral... lol

I wouldn't know, I don't test on that tank. But yes, cal/alk is the obvious guess. That said, my biggest alk/cal swings come from water changes.

I don't do water changes at all on my 180g because I don't want the parameter swing.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta raise your cal up... lol... yeah I've taken everything you stated into consideration, but I also know forsure there's no major swings in cal, alk, mag, salinity, nitrate ph etc in between WC because well I've been doing it long enough on this system... again it's been working for now and unless I run into any major issues then I'll probably keep the same routine... fish are also ok. Lol eating, healthy... NOT fighting... lol plenty of room as you can see in the vid. I don't think it's occurred to anyone that I can up the tank size for both fish and coral...I just think people on here are really emotionally attached to their tanks, almost like children or spouses... lol and realizing that I'm not emotionally married to anything in that tank and the fact that my approach is so unconventional just rubs people the wrong way. Some people get it... others don't. I'm not here to please anyone lol... it was originally just a nano post with no testing. Then someone called it a flexpost and trolling for who knows why... maybe they're just softies. Like their coral... lol
No - it’s your attitude that is rubbing people the wrong way. You need to get that through your head. It’s not your method that’s really being debated but your stinky stinky attitude, and very rude behaviour.

You’re like a 13 year old that has never learned to provide a modicum of respect to others, and has a serious ego problem that constantly needs to be fed. If there is an age limit TOS - my guess you’re violating it - if not then certainly in terms of maturity you are.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - it’s your attitude that is rubbing people the wrong way. You need to get that through your head. It’s not your method that’s really being debated but your stinky stinky attitude, and very rude behaviour.

You’re like a 13 year old that has never learned to provide a modicum of respect to others, and has a serious ego problem that constantly needs to be fed. If there is an age limit TOS - my guess you’re violating it - if not then certainly in terms of maturity you are.
Lol...

Please tell me your tank is atleast 1 year old... and a nano. if not then your opinion isn't valid. Sorry. Lol

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...

Please tell me your tank is atleast 1 year old... and a nano. if not then your opinion isn't valid. Sorry. Lol
And that’s my point - thank you for proving it.

“lol” - exactly what an immature troll would say in order to deflect and attempt to exacerbate the situation .

Good job. You made 14 pages. Now go troll on another site.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that’s my point - thank you for proving it.

“lol” - exactly what an immature troll would say in order to deflect and attempt to exacerbate the situation .

Good job. You made 14 pages. Now go troll on another site.
Lol. Noo... this is or was originally a nano post... and all good and useful info backed by knowledgeable reefers or backed by evidence and pictures was and is still welcomed... lol not to crap your boat but I think my tanks are alot older than yours if I'm not mistaken. And you're also not setting up a nano... sooo... you should go troll another thread that suits your style more. I've posted pictures, videos, more pictures... Lol answered all serious q's... I don't think I was ever out of line with anyone that was seriously interested in the thread. Lol yet you're mad. Sorry. Not sorry.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Noo... this is or was originally a nano post... and all good and useful info backed by knowledgeable reefers or backed by evidence and pictures was and is still welcomed... lol not to crap your boat but I think my tanks are alot older than yours if I'm not mistaken. And you're also not setting up a nano... sooo... you should go troll another thread that suits your style more. I've posted pictures, videos, more pictures... Lol answered all serious q's... I don't think I was ever out of line with anyone that was seriously interested in the thread. Lol yet you're mad. Sorry. Not sorry.
Dude, you were obnoxious and flippant from the start. And it only got worse as the thread went on. Maybe you’re just not aware of it, but the way you come across is childish and extremely off-putting. You can respond to that with whatever variation of ‘lol sorry not sorry’ you want to, as I’m sure you will, but just so you know, you’ve ruined your credibility here (you can be ‘lol sorry not sorry’ about that too), it’s going to be very difficult to gain any of it back (can you gain something back you never had in the first place?).

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A chemist!!! Finally, and im sure it does. Just 250 msgs too late. Would have been useful to have you here before this turned into a rant thread for members.
I did post earlier, and you replied.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing should be dictated by changing conditions, whether by you, or observed. Many parameters are passively monitored, which are taken for granted, like temp, pH, some even salinity/ORP; all can give an idea of stability along with your eyes.

But sometimes it is entirely necessary, such as a new dosing routine, using a new reactor (say GFO) to condition the water, or adding significant livestock. Often this is front loaded as you dial a tank in. Not testing and attempting to change conditions, without verification or control, is foolish IMO.

But if conditions are stable, and nothing has changed in your routine, there really is no need. Well other than a high demand tank that is growing quickly, periodic tracking for the purpose of increasing dosing amounts will be needed in some form.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back