Reef-A-Palooza returns to California October 10 & 11!

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this event! Have been twice now, though not consecutive years. Coming from Vegas with my portable ice chest:). The raffles are amazing!!! I hope I win this year!

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this event! Have been twice now, though not consecutive years. Coming from Vegas with my portable ice chest:). The raffles are amazing!!! I hope I win this year!
You might have to rent a truck to get home after this years raffle. I know wh have at least one massive tank in the raffle.

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gcarroll I don't know anybody personally in the reefing scene and would like to get to know some locals. Where can I find you? Booth [HASHTAG]#105[/HASHTAG]? I wasn't kidding when I said I'm walking distance from the Fairgrounds.

All of my previous experience was in FW, then went fallow for 5 years, then got it back in gear just this past April, so not very much SW experience. My LFS has such a lackluster assortment of coral, it's been discouraging, hence my excitement for this event!

I don't have much in the budget right now to actually buy much of anything, just trying to make some connections and see some true coral variety, so I know where/who to throw my money in the future as funds allow... :D

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gcarroll I don't know anybody personally in the reefing scene and would like to get to know some locals. Where can I find you? Booth [HASHTAG]#105[/HASHTAG]? I wasn't kidding when I said I'm walking distance from the Fairgrounds.

All of my previous experience was in FW, then went fallow for 5 years, then got it back in gear just this past April, so not very much SW experience. My LFS has such a lackluster assortment of coral, it's been discouraging, hence my excitement for this event!

I don't have much in the budget right now to actually buy much of anything, just trying to make some connections and see some true coral variety, so I know where/who to throw my money in the future as funds allow... :D
I am omnipresent at the show. I am the president of the Southern California Marine Aquarium Society and our club puts on the event. If you look for the guy with the microphone you will find me. If you want to meet more reefers in the area, I would suggest you consider coming to the club meetings. We have our next meeting this Friday. More info regarding our meetings here: http://www.officialscmas.org/events/

Since I went to OCC, I'm familiar with the area. I figure the LFS you are shopping at is Coral Oasis on Fairview Rd. They are probably the best in the area as there are not many competitors in the area. Ben has been around for quite some time but caters to the beginning/average hobbyist. Come to the meeting and I'll hook you up with other options for your business as well.

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard about Coral Oasis, thanks for the tip! I wonder why they didn't show up in any of my online searches. In my FW days I frequented Pacific Reef, but by the time I got back into the hobby, they were no more and I've been going to a place in Huntington Beach instead, just a little bit longer drive than I'd prefer. I hope I like Coral Oasis since I live off of Fairview!

And thanks for the link to SCMAS, I'm going there right now to check it out!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bring some of these shows to the Midwest.
Since they stopped IMAC and Midwest Marine conference there really aint much..

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring some of these shows to the Midwest.
Since they stopped IMAC and Midwest Marine conference there really aint much..
There are no plans for us to expand to the Midwest. We have 3 shows across the country and I would strongly encourage you to take a weekend and fly out to one. Just think, a whole weekend revolving around your passion!

You guys do however have a great show called The Aquatic Experience coming up in a few weeks.
http://aquaticexperience.org/

Last edited:

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'm gonna make it after all, so I'm totally psyched!!
Looking forward to the chance to say hi to Scott from UC in particular and see what he's got...might get myself another gorg frag.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legendary Corals is coming all the way from the Bay Area to bring you corals that legends are made of! Come visit them in Reefapalooza booth [HASHTAG]#205[/HASHTAG]!
www.legendary-corals.com

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come visit Aqueon at Reefapalooza booth [HASHTAG]#207[/HASHTAG]!
Aqueon offers a full line of premium aquarium products designed and formulated by hobbyists to benefit the health and well being of aquatic life.
www.aqueonproducts.com/

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Reef-a-palooza was this year in New Jersey....and it was a blast. Did I say New Jersey.....Yes I did! Because it wasn't in the adjoining state, it was in NEW JERSEY. REEF-A-PALOOZA NEW JERSEY.

If you can go....GO! You won't be disappointed....only if they get the State wrong! :eek:

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Reef-a-palooza was this year in New Jersey....and it was a blast. Did I say New Jersey.....Yes I did! Because it wasn't in the adjoining state, it was in NEW JERSEY. REEF-A-PALOOZA NEW JERSEY.

If you can go....GO! You won't be disappointed....only if they get the State wrong! :eek:
OK, remember I'm from the left coast. I didn't know it was such a touchy subject. I should have known though since I live where the Los Angeles Angels play. And we can't even see LA from here!

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting close!

58c46f94ea8bf68796dd23dbe40b4929.jpg

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil Lighting is selling the following tank at Reef-A-Palooza. This is a used display tank but in great condition...

"Tank, stand, plumbing and some equipment included. Lights would be sold separate but would be a great deal if bought at same time (choice of AP700 or A360s).
Stand has 1" ledge around tank for decorative trim (trim not included).
155 gallon DSA Pro (Deep Sea Aquatics) this is not a bowfront 72long 24wide 21tall
55 gallon sump (55 gallon tank with custom baffles)
Sicce 4.0 return
4 Koralia 12v controllable powerheads with controller. 2 are 3250gph and 2 are 1550gph.
Hydor performer 705 recirculating skimmer
BRS Dual reactor with pump
2 titanium heaters with digital control and readout in line (1 300w and 1 200w)

Normal price would be ~2800 Asking $1900."
We are looking for someone who will haul away on Sunday after show ends

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working really hard on this years raffle! It is looking insane. More to come!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back