My current tank iteration

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the SB Reeflights Ultra! It looks like the best light for my under desk constraints.
Does anybody have any feedback on this light?
I know a number of people are using them, and I think all of the reviews I've seen have been positive. I'm an ecotech guy, but the SB Reeflights seem to be a solid lighting option as well. Maybe someone else will chime in with experience on them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Btw, any new recent pics of the tank?

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my new SBREEFLIGHTS Ultra! Very powerful! I was previously using their retrofits in my black boxes. I was looking to get more control with WiFi capability. I do think I might have killed off my huge monti though — perhaps too intense, even at 30%! But I do like how thin it is and how it covers the full length of my tank. Yet to take photos — need to remedy!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WiFi unit went out on my Ultra. Waiting for new one from Mike Herman. Hopefully this will fix the issue of the light not being programmable for me. Light works, but only in manual mode. So have to adjust settings throughout the day. Otherwise excellent light.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New WiFi unit finally arrived. So far, it is working perfectly! Really liking these lights. Will be playing with the settings as much as I can!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the new Coral Box WiFi Doser on my tank. It was simple to calibrate and so far, is working like s champ! There was a great deal on the dosing container as well which also included a 3-hose clamp. Can’t beat the price from Reef Breeders!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited for MACNA tomorrow in my home town of Las Vegas! Can’t wait to see all the new products and coral venders. I might be able to squeeze in a few more frags

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased an Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer. Very excited to build it (I got the DIY version). It looks very simple and the instructional video was great!
I will update when I finish.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright — finally put my Avast Marine K1 kalk stirrer together! This was as easy as they portrayed it in their YouTube video. It’s actually bigger than I thought, so trying to figure out where to put it.
Will update shortly!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have not added my Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer to my tank. I’m thinking seriously about redoing my sump, so am holding off for the time being. On another sad note, my favorite bowerbanki is melting away! I have had him for probably 8-9 years! Bummer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my bowerbanki.
Here he is in his prime
70B63017-26BA-4694-AE60-612D4D169B6C.jpeg

Very sad!!!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched over to Tropic Marin’s CatboCalcium. I like the fact that it is only a one part solution. I’m hoping my LPS react to it more positively.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, I like the CarboCalcium. It is definitely easy to use and has freed up one of my dosing reservoirs. Levels are consistent so can’t complain.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger on the new BRS heater! I had my last Cobalt fail in the on position, but fortunately I caught it! I’m hoping that this new heater will be the answer. So far, BRS has produced rock solid products, so my outlook is positive.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have completed two doses of Vibrant to combat my bubble algae that came back with a vengeance! Not seeing a noticeable reduction yet, but I’ve read that you really see a difference after 3-4 doses. Crossing my fingers! Also reduced my daily dose of NOPOX to 1 ml. Also purchased two emerald crabs, but haven’t seen them since they went in the tank 3 weeks ago!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vibrant is working well on the bubble algae. Significant decrease in overall appearance. I have a couple small patches that are still hanging on, but I think they will soon fall. I did notice that I am getting some new weird colored patches of cyano on my sand bed though. Hopefully this will pass as well.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble algae is gone as far as I can see. I also had some short turf algae on my scroll coral, but it is almost gone as well! BUT, this week I now have a strange green algae/cyano covering on my sand bed. Has gone from red to green. Hopefully this will pass as well. I am going to continue the Vibrant dosing for at least 12 weeks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back