OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green cyano(?) still covering sand bed. I am now also adding Microbacter 7 once a week as well — let’s see what this does!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current parameters are:
Alk. 3.8
Ca. 400
Mg. 1340
(Red Sea Test Kit)
I had not refilled my doser with CarboCalcium for 3 days, so the drop in alk. Was significant! Back on line now so should get back to right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finally down to the last few dosings of Vibrant. I believe, for the most part, that the Vibrant has worked. I did notice I now have a bit of short turf algae growing on my loc-line return. I am also sparingly dosing Microbacter. Not sure if this is conflicting with the Vibrant or not, but I will keep it up. I think I should put on a doser so it gets done! My memory for dosing manually is not so good.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling aiptasia for awhile now. Tried all the potions like Aiptasia -X, Joe’s Juice, boiling water, kalkwasser, all to no avail. And just as most experts say, it only made things worse! So broke down and purchased 6 Berghia nudibranchs from Salty Underground. Hopefully, this will turn things around for my tank. Crossing my fingers.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally did a 50% water change! Tank was in desperate need! This morning corals looks much healthier. I need to do this more often, for sure.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see a small impact the berghia have made in my aiptasia problem. Added 6 so I know it will take some time. I wish they were more conspicuous—would be nice to see hem in action .

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, I hope the Berghia are still alive and well. I have a very scary colony of Aiptasia that are still staring at me every day! Get to work, boys !

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Berghia seem to be working! I ended up buying 6 large ones locally and I think this made all the difference. You do have to be patient — very patient! This is not a quick process. But I am seeing a significant decrease in aiptasia numbers. Finally!!!!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Berghia worked as far as I can tell! I have not seen an aiptasia for weeks! Sadly, I have also not seen any Berghia for weeks ☹️. For my money, this was the best option!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, the aiptasia are back!!!! I can’t believe it! And I haven’t seen my berghia at all — actually I never saw them again after introduction ☹️. But I know they were there because of the reduction of aiptasia. Bummed out!!!

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to frag some mushrooms! I think they are at almost plague proportion now! Not sure best way to remove/get rid of. Will see if locals are interested.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried out a DIY Voss dosing container. The setup looks good but can’t seem to get the liquid to pump. Probably have a leak somewhere or my pump head is shot. Further investigation required.

somekindabonita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck with the Voss setup by chance?

I'm having a similar issue! I tried a new pump, replaced tubes, put grease on them and still no luck.

BRS customer support said their acrylic tubes aren't always round/to perfect spec, so recommended the o ring grease. That made a better seal, but still not perfect. Works maybe 80% of the time but I'm still getting times where the tubing lets everything drain back down.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, just purchased another 6 berghia! Man, the aiptasia is really getting me down! I really hope these guys can wipe them out.

OP
OP
dallast

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, the berghia are not having any effect. I do suspect that the aiptasia may be to large for them to effectively attack. Frustration!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back