Reef ab+ dosed unrefrigerated

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the label, it says it is safe to dose over a week unrefrigerated. Before I actually do this, I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and if they had a good/bad/no difference experience compared to keeping it cold.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to always keep it refrigerated. What it kind of means is that if you take out a portion for dosing - that amount can be kept unrefrigerated for up to a week. Most of us just keep it refrigerated 24/7 and only take it out when dosing.

OP
OP
S

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to always keep it refrigerated. What it kind of means is that if you take out a portion for dosing - that amount can be kept unrefrigerated for up to a week. Most of us just keep it refrigerated 24/7 and only take it out when dosing.
Yes. I meant only the one week worth would be left unrefrigerated with the rest of the bottle kept cool in the fridge.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I meant only the one week worth would be left unrefrigerated with the rest of the bottle kept cool in the fridge.
I did this for a few months before I ended up building a refrigerated dosing system. What I found is that the product started to spoil before seven days and started turning black in the lines and at the bottom of the container which I’m sure was not good.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never put mine in fridge. Still looks fine

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve refrigerated and also have not refrigerated for the life of the bottle; I did not notice any difference between methods. when not refrigerated I never saw/smelt any indication of it spoiling. Fwiw- I’ve never seen a LFS that keeps them refrigerated unopened

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back