Reef and Pets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Atrawick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Atrawick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2019
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to setup a frag tank in my sunroom. I have two dogs in kennels in that room. It gets really dusty. Will I have a problem keeping my levels good for corals and fish?
 
nope, shouldn't be an issue as long as you have proper filtration

I consider fish inverts and corals pets too :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Thanks! My wife will be happy!
 
Thanks! My wife will be happy!
Glad I could help!

I run a DIY open-top frag tank myself, right by the front door with 2 very fluffy dogs, and it runs better than my "fancy" red sea display, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Feel free to check out my tank thread for ideas.
 
We've got two cats who shed like crazy, and they always lounge around our tank. Never once had issues with the cats bothering our tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new