Reef Aquarium Fact #135 Small aquariums are less stable, but problems are fixed quickly and cheaply.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to continue discussing the reef aquarium facts submitted by our members. Do you agree or disagree? What are your thoughts?

Fact #135

Small aquariums are less stable, but problems are fixed quickly and cheaply. However, in a large tank problems can sneak up on you and cost a lot of time and money to fix!

Truth or False? What else might we need to learn on this subject? Please also share any pictures that may pertain to the subject.

fullpic2.jpg

DOI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say this is kinda false. Unless neglect is to blame. Smaller tanks will crash faster than a larger one but you have more time to correct a larger system although it will take longer to get back on track. You could lose everything in a smaller tank but larger tanks have a better survivability rate even with a freezing or cooking event.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say this is kinda false. Unless neglect is to blame. Smaller tanks will crash faster than a larger one but you have more time to correct a larger system although it will take longer to get back on track. You could lose everything in a smaller tank but larger tanks have a better survivability rate even with a freezing or cooking event.

I agree with you.

will2525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tihnk both are true. Small tanks less stable, large tanks if things start going wrong can take a long time to fix. Each have their own pro's/con's. For instance, i have a 210 and an aiptasia problem i've tried everything on and have just decided to tear the tank down and rebuild because i'll never be able to get to them all. Small tanks much easier to get rid of pests.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back