Reef Aquarium Hardware Vendors, who has the best costumer service and return policies, and who has the wors?

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I anticipate this discussion might get quite heated so I will say if a vendor follows up with you to update your post accordingly. I hope no vendor here takes these as personal attacks so much as professional business criticism that is hopefully deserving of attention, appreciation and celebration, or improvement.

I guess if this gets deleted for moderation purposes, then I expect a good answer. There's enough in this industry that is difficult or unknown and building tanks and processing returns or refunds would hopefully be the easier side of it, but vendors, if you have horror stories to tell us about customers, please lay it on us so we are a little more understanding of your perspective on some terms and conditions. I think it will be interesting for all and hopefully it can lead to a productive conversation.

I have no input as I haven't had to use any manufacturers, warranties, or hardware vendors so far, so my experience is zero and I consider myself to be neutral in this respect.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had really good and really bad experiences with Orphek's "NO RETURNS OR CHANGES EVER" policy.

I have made a connection with an employee there, who made an exception, most likely put their neck on the line for me, and I did end up with my problem being resolved. It took a lot of arguing and a bit of threatening to get me there, but it was resolved. :)

I plan on continuing my relationship with the OR3 bars, I love them so very much. UV/Violet bar, I am looking at you....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back