Reef aquarium parameters

Wicked Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
9
Location
port st Lucie
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about my parameters?

PH 8.00
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm
Ammonia 0.12
Alkalinity 8.7 dkh
Phosphate 0.25
Salinity 1.026
Temperature 79.7

Phosphate was a little high, but I think it might be because I’m overfeeding.

I had a hard time reading calcium.
Don’t know if I was doing it wrong. It was going over 500. (might go to my local aquarium shop and ask them to test for calcium and do a water change this weekend.)

IMG_9372.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hanna for ammonia and alkalinity

Imagitarium for phosphate

API for PH, Nitrate, Nitrite,
 
IMG_9376.jpeg




Everything looks healthy, I did stop dosing all-off-reef because my calcium was kind of high
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9375.jpeg
    IMG_9375.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9374.jpeg
    IMG_9374.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 45
Thank you!

This tank has been running now for about three months, but everything was from my old smaller tank that was up for about one year.

I was dosing 2.5 ML per day

It’s a 40 gallon all in one with a HOB 2.5 gallon refugium tank (cheato)
 
What do you guys think about my parameters?

PH 8.00
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm
Ammonia 0.12
Alkalinity 8.7 dkh
Phosphate 0.25
Salinity 1.026
Temperature 79.7

Phosphate was a little high, but I think it might be because I’m overfeeding.

I had a hard time reading calcium.
Don’t know if I was doing it wrong. It was going over 500. (might go to my local aquarium shop and ask them to test for calcium and do a water change this weekend.)

IMG_9372.jpeg
Your Parameters look good, other than your nitrates being low.
 
I think your parameters look just fine where they are.

It pretty much mirrors my parameters except my temp is 77.

Whenever I tried to raise nitrate, i would get cyano. I tried dosing calcium nitrate and ammonium chloride.
I feed 4x a day so I just let the fish feed ammonium to the coral and don't worry about nitrate anymore.

20240813_160735.jpg 20240813_160653.jpg 20240813_160424.jpg 20240730_165055.jpg 20240813_161137.jpg 20240813_160929.jpg 20240813_160819.jpg 20240813_160405.jpg 20240810_103319.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new