Reef Breeder's Economy Fixture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Breeder's Economy LED Fixture

Not wanting to spend $500 for the premium fixtures? This is the one for you! This fixture uses the slightly older cree XPE cool whites, instead of the premium fixture's XP-G cool whites. This fixture has a total of 36 LEDs, 12 3 watt Cool White cree XP-Es, 18 3 watt Royal Blue cree XT-Es, 2 3 watt red LEDs, 2 3 watt green LEDs, and 2 3 watt regular Blue LEDs, all mounted on an 18"X8.5" heat sink, and powered by Inventronics or Meanwell drivers. The Apex dimming version, which is powered by meanwells, and requires the Aquacontroller Apex to run, is only $425 plus shipping. With manual control knobs mounted on top of the fixture, and using Inventronics drivers, the price is only $450 plus shipping! A competing fixture of this caliber sells for a whopping $750! The Red LEDs really make the reds on your corals pop, and the green Leds make some of the more subtle greens come out, and the blues make the blue colors come out. These fixtures are built to create a spectrum rivaling that of any T-5 or metal halide fixture out there, plus this fixture only uses 108 wattswhile putting out as much power as a 250 watt mh bulb, or a 6-8 bulb T-5 fixture! All electroncs are external in a small black power supply, which is both easy to hide, and easy to mount. And if you do not want any of the red, green, or regular blue LEDs, removing them is as simple as removing 2 screws, then swapping out the LED for another one. This fixture is fulling customizeable, it can come in black for $30 extra, have an acrylic splash shield for $20 extra, and can even come in a metal housing that includes a splash shield for $60 extra.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 12" version has 24 LEDs, 10 3 watt cree XT-E Royal Blues, 10 3 watt cree XP-E Cool Whites, 2 3 watt cree XP-E Blue LEDs, 1 3 watt Red LED, and 1 3 watt Green LED. It is powered by Inventronics drivers, and the Apex dimming version is $300 plus shipping, the manually dimming model is $325 plus shipping. This fixture will cover an 18" cube, and is perfect for nano tanks, or smaller frag tanks. These put out the equivalent of about a 150 watt metal halide bulb, or a 4-6 bulb 18" T-5 fixture, while using only half the power, about 72 watts!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do that for you no prob, pm your fuge specs, how big is this fuge? I find that chaeto really loves a little red light mixed in with the white light, I will make a fuge light, that is definitely a good idea.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a new deal for these fixtures: You can add high noon LEDs for $99 extra to the 18" economy fixture, instead of the regular price of $130, so you save 23%! For the 12" economy fixture, you can add high noon LEDs for only $75 extra, or 25% off! I am working on a 24" version that can cover an area of 36" long x 24" wide x 24" deep, perfect for 40 breeder tanks!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24" version now available! This fixture has a total of 48 LEDs, 24 3 watt cree XT-E Royal Blues, 15 3 watt cree XP-E Cool Whites, 3 3watt cree XP-E reds, 3 3watt cree XP-E greens, and 3 3 watt cree XP-E blues. The fixture is dimmable via an Apex controller for $549, and can be dimmed manually for $599. This fixture, like mentioned above, will sustain sps, lps, and softies over an area 36" long x 24" wide x 24" deep, using only 144 watts of power, giving off the equivalent of 400 watts of metal halide, or a 6-8 bulb 36" T-5 fixture, using less than half of the power. This fixture will pay for its self in less than 4 bulb changes! (on an 8 bulb T-5 fixture), not to mention the energy savings on top of that. This fixture will last for 11 years at 100% power, then the LEDs will weaken to 75% power, this fixture will pay for its self several times over by that time! I will also include a 1 year warranty on these fixtures for any error in workmanship quality. To add 8 high noon LEDs to this fixture, it will only cost you $119, a savings of 25% over the regular cost of $160 to add it to another fixture!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics and PAR readings coming soon, I have had these fixtures without the reds/greens for several months, and everything is doing great.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my killawatt tester in today, one of the 18" fixtures only draws 60 watts, with enough power to grow sps on the bottom! This is with blues around 65%, and whites around 80%

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 170 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back