Reef breeders photon or sanrise or back to t5s?!

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm at a crossroads..... I recently got a great deal on a deep blue 80gal (48x24x16) and now it's down to picking lights. Keep in mind the tank will be predominantly Sps.

After researching reef breeders for the past few weeks I haven't been able to find prime examples of great mature thriving sps tanks run by these leds. I chose reef breeders because of the price and the coverage vs getting multiple leds like radions, nanobox (easily $1000 plus) .

Please If anyone has good examples of reef breeder Sps dominant tanks show pictures!!

Or

I would be getting another ati t5 fixture but I don't feel like dealing with bulb replacement and extra power consumption. Mind you t5s are tried and proven for Sps

Preview of the tank
c28b752579173a2eb78794326300ee1b.jpg

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding that you'd need three hydra 56s to cover this tank. Maybe since it's only 16" deep you could do 26s?

My tank is 48 x 18 and I ran into the same issue. I tried two kessils but would have needed two more to get rid of shadowing. I ended up going ATI. A 36" would give you fine coverage, even at only six inches off the water. An eight bulb would put you in the neighborhood of what you'd need in LEDs for the same coverage.

Joel Franco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Adam at Battle Corals uses the Photon V2's over his sps tanks. Check his stuff out.

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 4 of them and T5 sup over my 420 sps tank. Adams recommendation 2 years ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back