Reef Breeders Prism ATO.

Jesse571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was in the market for a new ATO for my nano tank and I came across the Reef Breeders Prism ATO. So I decided to start doing some research to see what everyone was saying about the quality and reliability of this ATO. First problem, I couldn't find anyone talking about it or doing YouTube videos on it, which was surprising because I could usually find a YouTube video about anything else. Reef Breeders didn't even have any videos about it. So I kept searching and did come across one reef2reef member who spoke highly of it, so I said I would give it a shot and post my findings here for any future reefers who will certainly be looking for an ATO under $100.
So now that I have been using this ATO for 1 week now I thought I would post my findings and update this thread in the future to speak on the long term reliability of it.
First off this thing looks great, its small and compact which is what I need for an all in one with a small amount of space to work with. It has a nice small magnet to hold it in place and it comes with a tiny pump and about 6 feet of tubing to fill the tank with. It has a small blue clip that you place on the edge of your tank and the tubing runs through it and hangs above the water line. I did find that it is best to place a zip tie over the tubing to make sure it stays in place. The probe that sits in the water column has 3 sensors inside of it, one for no water which activates the pump then one that detects the correct water level and then one for a high water level. I haven't had any issues so far (knock on wood). I will post some photos below so anyone can see how it looks in my tank, but so far this thing is working out really great for me. I'm so glad I gave it shot now, if anyone has any questions about this ATO just let me know and I will try to answer if I can.
20200416_181228.jpg
20200416_181312.jpg
20200418_184322.jpg
20200418_184338.jpg
20200418_184424.jpg
Just ordered one for my tank. Have their light which is great and expect the same from their ATO

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back