Reef brite Lumi lite strip

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a led strip that has a 3m backing on it.. I won it at a coral expo and thought what is this going to do.. its one of my favorite items.. I will get the name of it when I get home for you..

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thank you. I have tried the current usa true lumens before, but saw these, and was wondering what ppl thought of them.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok.. probably would work about the same.. looks to be about the same price but maybe someone on here that actually has them can pipe in:)

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took so long.. but this is the light I was talking about

IMG_3852.JPG

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these before on a 100g tank I had. They do work well. I believe they are 1/4 watt less. I'm just wondering how these reef brites would di

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used reefbrite xho and tech strips and they are great lights. I'm sure this line is nothing less than that. I'd buy and use with confidence.

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, im just going to buy one. Ill throw some pictures up once I get it, maybe someone else may have the same question in the future.

JBradford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a lumi light to my 90 about a month ago. I did the 50/50 color as a supplement to my T5 HO. Gives an awesome pop of color even when all the T5s are on.

It's got a small profile. Easy to set up, I put mine on a digital timer. My only con are the legs. They don't attach to the light. They are a slip/friction fit. So if you want to slide it back to gain more access I suggest holding the feet and sliding it. A little bit of double sided tape in the box would have gone a long way.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a lumi light to my 90 about a month ago. I did the 50/50 color as a supplement to my T5 HO. Gives an awesome pop of color even when all the T5s are on.

It's got a small profile. Easy to set up, I put mine on a digital timer. My only con are the legs. They don't attach to the light. They are a slip/friction fit. So if you want to slide it back to gain more access I suggest holding the feet and sliding it. A little bit of double sided tape in the box would have gone a long way.
Do you have a photo of the light on your tank? I'm looking to add one of these to two AI Prime HDs on a 40 gallon but I don't know which color I should get to supplement the Primes. Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back