Reef Care Program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started the using the Red Sea mixed reef program in my tank a couple weeks ago. Since i have started the program my filter socks are overflowing in two days. They used to last about a week. They don't even seem that dirty. Once I replace them i put the dirty's in the washing machine on highest settings with a little bleach and a second rinse. they come out very clean. I have been doing this for years with no issues. Only other thing I have changed is I added some pods to the tank. I'm not 100% sure which is causing the issue but i'm thinking it is the Red sea chemicals. Has anyone else had this issue? I am adding the chemicals directly to the tank next to a power head daily.

ahammer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if related, but I know a skimmer is important when dosing nopox because of increased bacterial activity and more junk gets skimmed out

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i have noticed more skimming. I have a over sized skimmer. so this has not been an issue. Currently using felt socks for water polishing, maybe ill try some mesh socks

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the RCP for the last few weeks. I haven't noticed any increase in junk in my filter sock, just increased skimming. The sock filters our solid waste, not sure how the supplements from the RCP would increase that unless you are feeding more as well. I definitely am seeing growth on my corals from the system and am very pleased so far. Are you watching to be sure the Alk supplement is not precipitating? That would be something that could possibly clog up a filter sock, maybe...That is the only thing that I could think of unless the Reef Energy is getting eaten by fish and they are pooping more...I guess its possible.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back