Reef Casa Laguna 24 Gallon

zia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
17
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a little about my aquarium.

I’m currently setting up my first saltwater reef tank, a 24-gallon Reef Casa aquarium. Since I’m still new to the hobby, I’m taking my time to learn everything properly and trying not to rush the process.

My goal is to build a healthy and stable reef tank with a mix of fish, cleanup crew, and eventually some beginner-friendly corals. I’m still learning about water parameters, salinity, lighting, flow, cycling, and general reef maintenance.

For livestock, I’m interested in peaceful reef-safe fish and I’ve been looking into options like a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp, along with snails, shrimp, and other cleanup crew members.

I’m excited to document the journey, ask questions, and learn from everyone’s experience as the tank grows.

Thanks for reading!
 
Welcome to R2R. Make sure to post lots of photo too! Love watching as a empty tank become whole.
 
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a little about my aquarium.

I’m currently setting up my first saltwater reef tank, a 24-gallon Reef Casa aquarium. Since I’m still new to the hobby, I’m taking my time to learn everything properly and trying not to rush the process.

My goal is to build a healthy and stable reef tank with a mix of fish, cleanup crew, and eventually some beginner-friendly corals. I’m still learning about water parameters, salinity, lighting, flow, cycling, and general reef maintenance.

For livestock, I’m interested in peaceful reef-safe fish and I’ve been looking into options like a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp, along with snails, shrimp, and other cleanup crew members.

I’m excited to document the journey, ask questions, and learn from everyone’s experience as the tank grows.

Thanks for reading!
Awesome! Reefing is such a great hobby. I started my first tank, a 20 gallon cube, 16 months ago. I added a Reef Casa pico soon thereafter and recently started work on a 350 gallon split system. It’s a slippery slope! I’m following along and will be happy to provide thoughts and recommendations based on my experiences as a newish reefer and everything I’ve learned along the way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new