Reef casa vs waterbox

KSean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers!!
Trying to get back into the hobby and I'm stuck between 12G ReefCasa and 20 G waterbox. I've had a 10G waterbox before and the starphire glass is absolutely amazing. The only problem is that they don't have the 10Gs anymore. 20G is a bit too large for me.
ReefCasa's 12G is perfect in terms of size but after watching several videos, the glass looks a bit murky/fuzzy (not as sharp as WB). I just can't shake that feeling. Would hate my tank if the glass is indeed fuzzy. Does anyone who owns / has seen a RC in real life shed some light please?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers!!
Trying to get back into the hobby and I'm stuck between 12G ReefCasa and 20 G waterbox. I've had a 10G waterbox before and the starphire glass is absolutely amazing. The only problem is that they don't have the 10Gs anymore. 20G is a bit too large for me.
ReefCasa's 12G is perfect in terms of size but after watching several videos, the glass looks a bit murky/fuzzy (not as sharp as WB). I just can't shake that feeling. Would hate my tank if the glass is indeed fuzzy. Does anyone who owns / has seen a RC in real life shed some light please?

I have a Waterbox 15g peninsula and it’s well built with clear glass

Mr.Gone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ReefCasa studio 18, the glass is really clear. The RC definitely beats my standard 20gal long in terms of color and clarity of the glass but I can't speak to Waterbox since I never had one.

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates with this if you got the reef casa? id love to see one side by side vs the waterbox as im in the same boat!

OP
OP
K

KSean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna get the ReefCasa 12 but another reefer sold his entire WaterBox 10 setup as he was getting out of the hobby. Ended up buying it. :')
I guess ReefCasa will probably be my upgrade tank.

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna get the ReefCasa 12 but another reefer sold his entire WaterBox 10 setup as he was getting out of the hobby. Ended up buying it. :')
I guess ReefCasa will probably be my upgrade tank.
this is what i have now :) just trying to work out if i want to do fresh or saltwater :)

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for future searches... I have JBJ (65 RFP), IM (10 and 30L), Fluval (Flex 9) and Reef Casa (Flat 6 and Studio 12) AiO tanks. The glass quality of the Reef Casa tanks is very nice. The RC tanks are my two newest ones, and I have zero complaints.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back