Reef chilli spoon?

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of questions about reef chilli:

Can the spoon be burried in the bottom of the container? They do a great job of packing in the chilli, and dont want to take it all out searching for the spoon if its not there.

Second: what size is the spoon? Trying to figure out how much to put in a 35 gallon, but without the spoon size......

Last: can putting to much in raise alkalinity?
Not sure if my spike is from too much chili, or switching to triton. Thought i had the dose dailed in, but after starting to feed, the alcalinity started going way up.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of questions about reef chilli:

Can the spoon be burried in the bottom of the container? They do a great job of packing in the chilli, and dont want to take it all out searching for the spoon if its not there.

Second: what size is the spoon? Trying to figure out how much to put in a 35 gallon, but without the spoon

I remember when I purchased Reef Chilli the spoon was buried - but able to see the part of it. I spilled some of it to get it out :(
I think the spoon size is similar to a spoon from the test kits.

OP
OP
Script_Kitty

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I digged a bit for it, but no luck, they really pack the package full.

The test kit spoon is a great idea. Thanks.

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,,, when I needed a small spoon for my reef roids I used a plastic pipette and cut it like so... get rid of the blue part and use the (far right) tip of the bulb as a spoon and the stem (with the measure marks) as the handle. I've been using it for months and it works great. I don't know how much I'm scooping, but anymore I'm a skimpy feeder. Especially when I target feed.
b1ac40ac82f202efb58fd38e1ee6f049.jpg

Ps. I got a pack of these from a craft store for a few bucks. And I use them so much! Makes all my testing easier!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,,, when I needed a small spoon for my reef roids I used a plastic pipette and cut it like so... get rid of the blue part and use the (far right) tip of the bulb as a spoon and the stem (with the measure marks) as the handle. I've been using it for months and it works great. I don't know how much I'm scooping, but anymore I'm a skimpy feeder. Especially when I target feed.
b1ac40ac82f202efb58fd38e1ee6f049.jpg

Ps. I got a pack of these from a craft store for a few bucks. And I use them so much! Makes all my testing easier!

Now that's a million dollar idea. LOL

Don't forget your friends.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back