REEF CLEANERS IS AMAZING

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first order from Reef Cleaners .com

I am more than impressed. WOW!! I even got 2 lil cute bonus shells. Imagine if a hermit ever moves into one of these guys.

don’t buy your CUC anywhere else. The best $65 I have spent yet in this hobby. I feel like this dude is THE MAN and needs more business.

image.jpg

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a happy customer for over 10 years. Nothing but good experiences.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the price, he cant be beat. I will caveat that you should upgrade to the overnight shipping to minimize any issues. I went for 2 day priority last time and all of the astrea snails came doa. Everything else was alive and great, so I didnt bother reaching out for a replacement/refund.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered various CUC from them about 3 months ago. Had no idea their nassarius was so tiny I guess that's why they were cheap, my fish end up eating them sadly. Only issue I had was their shipping, some CUC bags came with no water, just a soaked paper towel and the box was half wet which I think came from those bags. I emailed them and they told me it's suppose to be like that. Not a really good experience, just okay imo.

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely be buying from them again. Great communication, good selection, easy as pie acclimation process. The livestock is intertidal so doesn't need drip acclimation.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered various CUC from them about 3 months ago. Had no idea their nassarius was so tiny I guess that's why they were cheap, my fish end up eating them sadly. Only issue I had was their shipping, some CUC bags came with no water, just a soaked paper towel and the box was half wet which I think came from those bags. I emailed them and they told me it's suppose to be like that. Not a really good experience, just okay imo.
Nassarius are small snails. Look for Tongan nassarius if you want bigger ones.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is how they are shipped.

The wet box must have come from something else.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on available post trending searchable items, to what degree does + ~56 mixed wet clean up crew animals being added all at once to a display present as a disease risk for fish?

they are wet, hard-shelled items in a large group all skipping fallow…

it’s been listed as a vector in the disease forum and in articles like ‘biosecurity’ by Jay where vectoring among disease pools is considered.

do they offer fallow prepped versions of these clean up crews

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping was sub par with dead inverts. Tried them 3 times. Will never use them again for anything however the customer service was prompt to reply. A wet napkin is not proper invert safe shipping.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on available post trending searchable items, to what degree does + ~56 mixed wet clean up crew animals being added all at once to a display present as a disease risk for fish?

they are wet, hard-shelled items in a large group all skipping fallow…

it’s been listed as a vector in the disease forum and in articles like ‘biosecurity’ by Jay where vectoring among disease pools is considered.

do they offer fallow prepped versions of these clean up crews
Not fully fallow, I asked and his systems are fish fallow and usually the animals are in there for around 2 weeks. Better than nothing and certainly better than most fish stores. It is a possible disease vector but honestly I've looked hard and not found and compelling cases that showed a clear contamination via reefcleaners. I would QT new snails and hermits for 4 weeks at least.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels that sounds like a fair evaluation agreed.

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came here to say I just got a shipment from Reef Cleaners and everything went well. I was worried about shipping (usps, hot weather, etc.) but everything came alive and active.

Ordered a bunch of dwarf ceriths, 5 green porcelain crabs, an emerald crab, a Pom Pom crab, and a few other odds and ends.

Very happy with this order.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered several times from John. The one bad experience I had was a combination of USPS dropping the ball and some weather (freak snow). John refunded me the entire order even though only half was DOA. I then reordered overnight via UPS and everything arrived perfectly. I just received another order from him (sexy shrimp, Randall's pistol) overnight via UPS and it was also perfect. The key (for me) seems to be UPS overnight shipping. John does everything exceptionally well on his end.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a CUC for my tank from them today :) Cant recommend enough!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy for me and other reefers in my area to take advantage of an overnight shipment. That way, if you just need a few inverts that don't even amount to shipping cost you don't have to eat the whole cost.

Shipments in wet paper towel or a bag of water depends on the species. I always get trochus in individual bags of water + paper towel, whereas nerites, dwarf ceriths and ceriths all come in just wet paper towel, and they are always fine. Crabs/shrimp always come with a small piece of cut black mesh to hold onto. In general, I think John's shipping practices are perfectly fine.

Sometimes inverts don't make it, even with overnight shipping. I've also had the occasional leaking bag. That's why I like to order as a group and never make an order for just one or two things--if that one thing dies then you eat the cost of a whole shipment. I've not had luck with Pedersen shrimp, which seem very sensitive. John always refunds me promptly for DOAs.

Also, John has an amazing wealth of knowledge and he replies very directly to your questions. He doesn't try to sell you any CUC that he doesn't think will do the job you need.

ReefCleaners is where I will continue to get the majority of my CUC (and some macros, too).

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back