Reef Dynamics BR135 Biopellet reactor

kevindo123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
316
Reaction score
62
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received this from aquariumsource.com.

The intake fitting is missing the tappered insert that is mentioned in the following video.




Anyone know if this is required anymore.

Attached is what I got, which is missing the tappered part.

IMG_1011.JPG
 
I did a dry fitting and noticed it was able to take water in at the intake without the tapered insert and did not leak but there is leak somewhere else. I guess its no longer needed.

I did a leak test of it before attaching it to my sump and noticed there is a leak at the union fitting which is glued already. Any way to repair this easily or should I request a replacement part?

IMG_1012.JPG
 
I though reef dynamics went out of business? If your not going to use a feed pump you would want the extra tube that goes inside the guest fitting. Acts like a venturi on a skimmer and that is what causes the air to be suckered in.. In this case tank water. You can alway make your own with sch80 1/4" pipe if you can't find one.
 
Searching youtube I found a video by FlexPVC. It showed a very good technique to fix most leaks at PVC fittings. I followed it and was able to fix the leak. :)

Basically I use a portable vacuum to create a suction and then carefully put primer and glue at joint. The suction will suck in the primer and glue where the leak is and seal it.

This is what I did:

1. I use shipping tape ( the clear plastic tape) to cover the far end of the pvc pipe to create a suction at the fitting with the leak.
2. Turn on the vacuum and place it at the fitting end where the leak is.
3. While you create a suction with the vacuum, use a qtips and carefully put some primer at the joint ( the vacuum will help to suck in the primer).
4. Repeat #3 a couple of times with primer and then same for clement.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new