Reef Dynamics BR135 Biopellet reactor

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received this from aquariumsource.com.

The intake fitting is missing the tappered insert that is mentioned in the following video.

Anyone know if this is required anymore.

Attached is what I got, which is missing the tappered part.

IMG_1011.JPG

OP
OP
kevindo123

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a dry fitting and noticed it was able to take water in at the intake without the tapered insert and did not leak but there is leak somewhere else. I guess its no longer needed.

I did a leak test of it before attaching it to my sump and noticed there is a leak at the union fitting which is glued already. Any way to repair this easily or should I request a replacement part?

IMG_1012.JPG

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though reef dynamics went out of business? If your not going to use a feed pump you would want the extra tube that goes inside the guest fitting. Acts like a venturi on a skimmer and that is what causes the air to be suckered in.. In this case tank water. You can alway make your own with sch80 1/4" pipe if you can't find one.

OP
OP
kevindo123

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching youtube I found a video by FlexPVC. It showed a very good technique to fix most leaks at PVC fittings. I followed it and was able to fix the leak. :)

Basically I use a portable vacuum to create a suction and then carefully put primer and glue at joint. The suction will suck in the primer and glue where the leak is and seal it.

This is what I did:

1. I use shipping tape ( the clear plastic tape) to cover the far end of the pvc pipe to create a suction at the fitting with the leak.
2. Turn on the vacuum and place it at the fitting end where the leak is.
3. While you create a suction with the vacuum, use a qtips and carefully put some primer at the joint ( the vacuum will help to suck in the primer).
4. Repeat #3 a couple of times with primer and then same for clement.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back