Reef Energy Not Refrigerated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so Im a big dummy and didnt read the complete back label of my Reef Energy A&B bottles which would have told me that it needs to be refrigerated after opening. I bought it 8 or 9 days ago and have been dosing every day with it not refrigerated. So I just put them in the fridge but can someone tell me whether this stuff might be worthless now? Or could it harm my tank if I continue to dose it?

OP
OP
GregOyeah

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t smell any different than when I opened it on the first day.

I’d love to hear what someone from Red Sea has to say about this, just wondering what the effect is. Is it possible the refrigeration is just to extend shelf life? I don’t mind buying a new pair of bottles. I’d just like some clarification about how important this is, after all, this stuff isn’t stored in a fridge at the LFS

Csr1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef energy is fine if not refrigerated for a few weeks. I've done it for a long time with no problems. However, refrigeration is best. So your bottles are fine.

The biggest reason Red Sea says to refrigerate it is because most people leave the bottle in their hot sump cabinet. This would be bad as it could accelerate growth of other substances in the bottles like mold.

callumsconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would just like to revive this thread. Not sure if they’ve changed the formula over the past few years but I did keep mine refrigerated but just topped off the container. I had some issues with my tank and some SPS stripping (not sure if this was the cause) but after a month I had a buildup of this stuff in my lines and the bottom of the bottle. Not sure if it is the culprit yet but 100% keep your containers clean weekly if auto-dosing and keep it in the fridge!
2BC06BBE-10F5-4FC8-AB9E-FB30D8A1D7CB.jpeg
A38AA44B-2151-4FBF-8855-13C4245EF428.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back