reef fix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cristina@faunamarinusa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, this is a reef safe based Cement that is free of heavy metals and trace elements that can be harmful to our tank inhabitants. I'll check with HQ if they have any photos of the product in use.

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some now, and have experimented with it. I will post some pictures for information.

observations

1. It mixes well according to the limited instructions. it is very very easy to go too sloppy so be careful adding water, when almost mixed a couple of drops of ro extra to 2tbsp made it go from clumps to dough consistency. You would then have to add more powder to bring it back.

2. It is putty like when best to work with roll into a ball and press into the join/cracks as desired.

3. It will then need support to dry out and wont hold heavy pieces.

4. Construction is best done dry, I experimented with rock rubble that was bonded and dropped immediately into RO then checked after 24 hrs. the rocks could be pulled apart, there was a cloudy residue and it was pretty unsuccessful under water. You could aybe improve upon this but I will not be aquscaping underwater with this cement.

5. If done dry and left a full 24hrs to cure. The bond is fantastically strong. It drys a pleasing white colour and I believe the texture as claimed will promote rapid coraline growth/coral coverage (its not at all shiny).

As most start with dry rock now this would be a great reefsafe option for initial scaping. I will try and experiment with underwater construction as I purchased 4000ml!

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190519_152948384.jpg
IMG_20190526_101108132.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back