Reef Flux Treatment and Nutrient question..should I add NeoPhos?

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I am in the middle of treating my frustrating turf algae problem with Reef Flux. Meanwhile, all along I have always had low nutrients. Using Hanna Ultra Low Phosphorous tester, I still get a zero reading for Phosphate. The same is true for Nitrates using my Hanna Nitrate test kit. I have had zero test reading results for months BTW.

So my question is while I am treating with Reef Flux (one week in to the treatment)...should I does Neo Phos (Phosphate) and NeoNitro (Nitrate) to get my levels up, or will the Algae suck it up as fast as I add it and make the problem worse or delay results? Also, would it be beneficial to does Microbacter7 or similar during the treatment, or wait it out?

I am manually removing as much as I can as I treat with Reef flux and have a large CUC ready to be added once I have this under control. Just trying to determine if I should be getting my nutrients to a detectable level.

Thanks!

Bob Boblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah if it hasn't worked by now I would Strongly consider doing a big water change and trying a new approach like the lettuce sea slug

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back