Reef Glue frustration

Twisted1990s

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
171
Reaction score
48
Location
Pottstown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you prevent your frag glue bottles from clogging up? And once they do how do you clean them? I never submerge the bottle but it always seems to clog.

D32CD8F3-BE2B-4871-9376-6DB35344F934.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Are you using them in the water or out? If out then I just stick a needle in the end to prevent them form sealing up.
 
honestly I gave up on those bottles. Even with something sharp in the tip without proper cleaning after use they dry and the bottle is unusable without cutting the tip again. I just buy the dollar tree glue in bulk and best decision as I can always open uop a new tube if one dries up. But I can generally do about 20 regular sized frags with one tube so fora dollar you can mount around 40 corals
 
Yep, buy the cheap stuff. I use the Loctite gel super glue and it works fine. I keep a couple of bottles on hand so that when one dries up I've got another one handy.
 
I keep mine upside down, seems to work fine, I never get clogs
 
yeah I gave up on the bottles a while back, I just use IC-GEL it gives you two tips so when one clogs you can switch. Usually thats enough, sometimes I need to cut the nozzle with bone cutters to clear a log though
 
I get the small tubes from Harbor Freight and keep a push pin nearby and poke holes is in the tube once the tip clogs. to squeeze out any remaining glue before opening the next tube.
 
There's a Hobbytown USA near by, they stock IC-GEL, and I've asked them to save the extra tips that they use in the store for various reasons. I've had good luck picking up extras that way when I've used up both tips and cut them down before emptying a tube.
 
I use IC glue as well and so far I haven‘t had any issues. The nice thing is even with a clog you can clear it with a needle or skewer.
 
Keep the super-glues especially gels in a refrigerator when not in use. The glue stays more stable this way and helps a lot
 
Cut the top off, one centimeter at a time. (or more) This is what I do to my LOCTITE superglue gel. By the time I'm at the end of the nozzle it's gone. (folded up)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new