Reef keeper Colombia mixed reef tank

reefkeeperCOL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
153
Reaction score
426
Location
colombia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank. It’s been runing since 2016

IMG_8752.jpg


I have been shooting a few videos of my tank hope you like them.



May 2018



August 2017



February 2017
 
Beautiful system.

You must put a good deal of effort into keeping all panes free of coralline.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, lol yeah it grows like crazy on my tank.
 
skimmer: bubble magus nac 5.5
Lightning: Mars Aqua 165 watts / aquamana AQled 165watts
flow: vortech mp10 / jebao wp25
filtration: custom sump with biopellets reactor, refugium with chaetomorpha, filter-floss and chemipure Blue.






 
Last edited:
Your pictures are awesome. I am new to the reef hobby and have AQL led lights with a Smart LED Controller with a lot of different settings, but unfortunately, no directions. Would you mind telling me what settings you have your light on to get your corals to be so nice? I have seen that most LFS have a very blue light on their corals. Do you know how to get this effect on an AQL setup with the smart controller? Thanks in advance.
 
Your pictures are awesome. I am new to the reef hobby and have AQL led lights with a Smart LED Controller with a lot of different settings, but unfortunately, no directions. Would you mind telling me what settings you have your light on to get your corals to be so nice? I have seen that most LFS have a very blue light on their corals. Do you know how to get this effect on an AQL setup with the smart controller? Thanks in advance.

thanks for comment, you should start with low intensity and gradually rise the power in a few weeks, personally I don't like the blue effect on LFS aquariums I think that they keep their setups on blue to highlight the coral's color but many corals needs white lights to grow. I can't tell you how to setup the controller I haven't use that light before.
 
I have chaged the chinese black boxes (marsAqua) to Maxspect Ethereal, I'm very happy with the color of this lights, here some new photos and updated pregress Video.

 
Great looking tank! where at in Colombia? we go visit about every 2 years to see my wife's side of the family mostly in Bogota but have traveled all over the country there and it is truly a beautiful place to see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new