Reef keeper Colombia mixed reef tank

reefkeeperCOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank. It’s been runing since 2016

IMG_8752.jpg

I have been shooting a few videos of my tank hope you like them.

May 2018

August 2017

February 2017

OP
OP
reefkeeperCOL

reefkeeperCOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer: bubble magus nac 5.5
Lightning: Mars Aqua 165 watts / aquamana AQled 165watts
flow: vortech mp10 / jebao wp25
filtration: custom sump with biopellets reactor, refugium with chaetomorpha, filter-floss and chemipure Blue.

Last edited:

Michael Locke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pictures are awesome. I am new to the reef hobby and have AQL led lights with a Smart LED Controller with a lot of different settings, but unfortunately, no directions. Would you mind telling me what settings you have your light on to get your corals to be so nice? I have seen that most LFS have a very blue light on their corals. Do you know how to get this effect on an AQL setup with the smart controller? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
reefkeeperCOL

reefkeeperCOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pictures are awesome. I am new to the reef hobby and have AQL led lights with a Smart LED Controller with a lot of different settings, but unfortunately, no directions. Would you mind telling me what settings you have your light on to get your corals to be so nice? I have seen that most LFS have a very blue light on their corals. Do you know how to get this effect on an AQL setup with the smart controller? Thanks in advance.

thanks for comment, you should start with low intensity and gradually rise the power in a few weeks, personally I don't like the blue effect on LFS aquariums I think that they keep their setups on blue to highlight the coral's color but many corals needs white lights to grow. I can't tell you how to setup the controller I haven't use that light before.

OP
OP
reefkeeperCOL

reefkeeperCOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have chaged the chinese black boxes (marsAqua) to Maxspect Ethereal, I'm very happy with the color of this lights, here some new photos and updated pregress Video.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back