dmcoates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys,

I have a RKE with 2 float switches.
I have a bulk reef supply 50 ml per min ato pump.
I have the ATO setup to come on when the lowest float switch opens and turn off when the foot switch closes.

I can not figure out how to use the upper float switch to be a Redundant turn off switch. I would like to set it up if the lower switch failed the upper float switch would also turn off the pump.

All I can to is set it up as a alarm , beeps and flashes. Is there a way to also have it turn off theATO pump?

Thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can use an alarm to turn off an output on the PC 4. There is a way to select a alarm in the output setup and decide if the active alarm turns off the output or turns it on. There is also a switch function you can use along with a timer seup as a trigger timer. Doing it that way the float switch will trigger the timer where you have a specific on time setup and a specific off time. In doing that it will run for the time specified in the on time statement of the timer regardless of the float switch. It will then remain off for the sepecified off time regardless of the float switch. This way it limits the amount of run time so even if the float switch fails if you have the times setup correctly it will give you some time before it overfills a significant amount. See example below. I added comments to the alarm part of the ATO output.

ATO pump

Mode …………………... Auto
Function ………………. Switch
………. Device ……….. 08:SWA ……… ; Change appropriately for your system’s full switch
………. On When …….. Open …………. ; Full switch Change to what is appropriate for your switch
………. Device ………... None
………. Off When …….. Open
Timer ………………..… 20
Default ………………… Off
Standby ……………….. - - - -
Mode …………………... 0000
Alarm ………………….. None ...........; This is where you would add the alarm for overfull
………. Mode …………. OFF ..............; Set it to off if you want it to turn off when alarm is active

Timer 20 ………………………………… ; Leave everthing at default except for time on and time off

DOW …………………... SMTWTFS
Start …………………… 12:00:00AM
Time On ………………. 00:00:30 ……… ; Change time on as required by your system
Time Off ………………. 00:30:00 ……….; Change time off as required by your system
Repeat ………………… None
Random ……………….. No
Oscillate ……………….. No

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if you arent doing so, I find it much easier to use the myreef software for advanced config than trying to do so from the headunit.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember you will have to come up with the times for your system. On my 42 gallon tank with a pump that does 30ml per minute. I have it setup to run for 3 minutes every 30 minutes. So the on time is 00:03:00 and off time is 00:27:00. That example was done for someone using a Aqualifter for the pump if I remember correctly.

I use the Archon now and it works a little different than the RKE. It runs the timer on the output and the full float turns it off when full using the switch function. Also on the Archon you can use more than one alarm on an output.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back