Reef Keeper Lite, LED Control

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know the answer, but am aware what happens when one assumes!

I have black box LEDs that are dimmable -- but are controlled with 'sketchy' apps. The app support is gone and or nearly gone.

Would a Reef Keeper light only power these in a binary fashion (on / off) or would it also allow control of the white and blue channels separately and in a continuous (able to dim) fashion.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Keeper (like most controllers) has 0-10v outputs for controlling anything that uses this standard. They also have some brand-specific modules, but I doubt that black box LEDs are on the list.

So unless your white and blue channels are controllable via 0-10v connections, I don't think that the Reef Keeper will help you.

(Caveat: I don't use the Reef Keeper; I use the Apex - which is the same answer for you.)

OP
OP
DeepBlueSomething

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Keeper (like most controllers) has 0-10v outputs for controlling anything that uses this standard. They also have some brand-specific modules, but I doubt that black box LEDs are on the list.

So unless your white and blue channels are controllable via 0-10v connections, I don't think that the Reef Keeper will help you.

(Caveat: I don't use the Reef Keeper; I use the Apex - which is the same answer for you.)

Thanks -- confirming what I thought. My list of wants is growing exponentially...while my budget stays flat lined, lol!

Back