Reef keeper net mod

bxmpwr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junk!! It just stops working for no reason. 3rd time now. not gonna spend another second of my life on this garbage. next controller will be Apex!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had an issue with the NET module when I was using my RKE. I moved on to the Archon and it is not needed with that controller. What modules do you have on your system? What order are they connected to the buss. The NET module is a power hog so it should be connected to a PC4 and not in a string of non powered modules.

OP
OP
bxmpwr

bxmpwr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked fine for a few years even though it was the last one on the chain. I spent a lot of time reading trying to figure it out. The support for it wasn't good. I really don't recall seeing anything about a particular order. Maybe that's the answer. No manual came withe the system stating that. I had to download and print what was available. Maybe the module just went bad but it was a real pita to set up.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The module could have an issue. I gather it is not working at all?
I think there is a firmware and webpage update for the NET. Have you updated it? If not don't try until we see if we can find the issue. If it was updated did it work after the update at all.

What is the order the modules are in? example: RKE->PC4->SLX->PC4->SL2v2->NET
Is the status light solid blue?
Are the port lights lit or blinking on the NET module?

OP
OP
bxmpwr

bxmpwr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rke,pc4,pc4,sl1,net. steady blue status. no more port lights. not compatible with the web page update. (maybe too old of a model)

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try and update it? if so did you also update the firmware? Did it quit working after thr update? I don't think the hardware of that module has changed so the update should work.

I have had mine since 2008 and have had no problems with the updates although I have not tried to update it lately since I am now using the Archon.

OP
OP
bxmpwr

bxmpwr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it quit working then updated the firmware through the myfeef 2.o program. It did the same thing a few months ago I updated the firmware and it worked. Not this time.

The net detector can't see it either like if it weren't plugged to the router.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you remember which firmware version it had before the update? If so we can try and update to that version and see if we get the webpages back. Also look on your RKE head unit at the NET module and select. It should display the NET IP address. If it has a valid address try that address in your browser.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can update with 2.09 by selecting it. If I remember there is more than one part to the update on the NET. Were you able to get the IP from the RKE head unit?

Last edited:

E's gone SPS mad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. My RKL decided a few nights not to recognize my two pc4's. You can imagine the panic that set in. Yes I am up to date on firmware. Needless to say, I am also done with digital aquatic products. So many issues with this unit over the past couple of years. Once my pc4 even caught on fire. Lucky did not do any major damage. Smelled the burning plastic before it was too late.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. My RKL decided a few nights not to recognize my two pc4's. You can imagine the panic that set in. Yes I am up to date on firmware. Needless to say, I am also done with digital aquatic products. So many issues with this unit over the past couple of years. Once my pc4 even caught on fire. Lucky did not do any major damage. Smelled the burning plastic before it was too late.
Did you contact DA support with this [email protected].

OP
OP
bxmpwr

bxmpwr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Danny . The net module was in the garbage until I saw your post. hopefully 3rd time the charm. I also moved the module to one of the pc4's hope this does the trick.

I had to reset the module, reflash the firmware, and update the web page. Then enter all my network info again good thing I took screen shots!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds good glad to help. The upgraded modues use more power. The SLX and the SL2v2 are a couple of the new modules. The SLX will replace the SL1. The PB4 will replace the PC4. Also there is a new module a DP1. to use the DP1, SLX or PB4 you will need the latest firmware om the RKE or RKL and the NET module. Are you aware of the DA forum. It is here http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com. If you join and make a post it will take awhile for your first post to be approved. It is dome by someone now. There was a lot of spam being posted so they had to do this to stop the spam.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back