Reef lighting and spectrum experts opinion

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishOkay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Forgot to attach the link and pictures:
https://www.maxspect.com/en/commercial-products.html
1745332027559.jpeg


1745332049755.jpeg
 
Thats great, thanks alot for looking in to that!
I actually know the uk distributor. Sent them a message and they said

"the commercial lights are custom made to order so you would need to let us know what you were looking for wattage and spread etc?"

I see by a product pdf they have that they do different spectrums/colour temps
7000K ,10000K, 14000K, RGB, Full Spectrum
What would you suggest? Full spectrum?
 
Awesome, sounds like things are moving in the right direction :)

About the spectrum - Full spectrum is what I personally prefer and run over my tanks.
It gives a nice balance between a crisp white light and a nice pop. A more natural look, without weirdly colored fish, but it’s a matter of taste and how well they balance it.

I’m a bit bothered by the red spike, but I believe you will have enough light blend with the MH and blades to for it to be balanced.

1745350646646.jpeg


If not full spectrum, than the 14k should produce nice results too, though with a bit less pop than the full spectrum. This should in theory resemble a white-bluish T5 setup.
(A 14k MH spectrum is slightly different and closer to the fuller spectrum above, but with a higher spike in the blue range and lots of UVA and UVB).

1745350691011.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new