Reef moonshiners program

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been shining for about two weeks! Have started to see color coming back to my few pale acros. Keeping a tighter control on nutrients as well. Been doing the dailies and just finished my first replacement elements. Things are looking up!

All that said, does anyone know what the Acro on the sticker of the oceamo icp test is?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSR dose only follwing nothing else:
Calcium
Magnesium
Potassium
Strontium
Boron
Iodide
Manganese
Iron

they not dose:

Cobalt
Chromium
Vanadium
Bromine
Fluoride
Barium
Molybdenum
Nickel
Zinc
Tin
rubidium
selen
cupper
lithium
Well, I quoted directly from the dsr web site that they test and dose 12 elements.

Either you or their web site are wrong.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent in my second test! Loving the program. My acros are coloring up wonderfully. Zoas are slowly starting to show some growth. Been dosing nitrate and phos to keep in range. Now battling some hair algae. Tank is still fairly new so I’m not worried about it. Can’t wait to see what this next test comes in at. Still wondering what the acro is on the front of the test kit.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just sent in my second test! Loving the program. My acros are coloring up wonderfully. Zoas are slowly starting to show some growth. Been dosing nitrate and phos to keep in range. Now battling some hair algae. Tank is still fairly new so I’m not worried about it. Can’t wait to see what this next test comes in at. Still wondering what the acro is on the front of the test kit.
I also have just started the program. Not seeing any changes yet but it’s only been a couple weeks. Sending my second test out next week.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what is listed in their product,you can ask Glenn for more detail here or on Facebook he answers fast

Ok, then he writes different things different places about what he does, since you can obviously see where I got it directly from his site.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the results from my second test. I can’t input them into the excel spreadsheet. Do you have to have an active office subscription to be able to input into an existing spreadsheet?

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting out on the RM method. I have left over bottles of triton fluorine, ati Mn, ATI V and ATI Brom
Are the concentrations and dosing amounts similar to using the RM elements? Would prefer not to buy elements I already have. Thanks for your thoughts

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting out on the RM method. I have left over bottles of triton fluorine, ati Mn, ATI V and ATI Brom
Are the concentrations and dosing amounts similar to using the RM elements? Would prefer not to buy elements I already have. Thanks for your thoughts
If i am correct Triton are pretty much the same, i did the calculations years ago and have used Triton when it was cheaper for me, ATI was super weak compared to Moonshiners for everything i calculated

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i am correct Triton are pretty much the same, i did the calculations years ago and have used Triton when it was cheaper for me, ATI was super weak compared to Moonshiners for everything i calculated
Good info, thanks. Going to take a look at comparision calculations as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back