Reef Octopus 150 skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter msujohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

msujohn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
177
Reaction score
28
Location
Saint Charles, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned my skimmer for the first time with a vinegar bath. Now it's back in the sump, working like its new. But, I have a lot of noise coming from the silencer. It's sucking in a lot of air. The silencer has the one hole capped and the other one open ( the way it came new). When I cap the second hole the noise goes away. What can I do to quiet this down? I've never had it this loud before.
 
I'm guessing here, but could it be you have water in there?
 
Two holes? The silencer should have a tube going from the bottom of the silencer to the venturi on the pump. The top of the silencer should have a single outlet that allows air to enter the silencer. HERE is the diagram of a RO 150 skimmer.
 
Mine is just like the pic, but it has a second hole that is capped

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new