Reef octopus air intake noisy

Loki11b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all so I know this is kinda a dead horse but I can’t find an answer specifically addressing this issue. I have an 8 inch reef octopus classic 200 int that is brand new it makes a loud gurgling sound and if I place my hand over the pump intake it goes away release it it comes right back remove the Venturi valve and it goes away put it back on the pump it comes right back. Any way to shut this thing up for good?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see a vortex forming from the intake pump to the surface of the water? If you do. Did you follow the recommended depth the skimmer should be in?

OP
OP
Loki11b

Loki11b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see a vortex forming from the intake pump to the surface of the water? If you do. Did you follow the recommended depth the skimmer should be in?
No vortex the skimmer is at recommended depth

Rick2024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having this issue with the SSS Elite skimmer, the one with the upside down pump. But I thought the issue was just due to these skimmers. Im having the same issue as you are for a year, and thought I could switch it to the normal INT/Classic skimmers to resolve this. Are you saying this issue is even with the normal non space saver skimmers?

Rick2024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having this issue with the SSS Elite skimmer, the one with the upside down pump. But I thought the issue was just due to these skimmers. Im having the same issue as you are for a year, and thought I could switch it to the normal INT/Classic skimmers to resolve this. Are you saying this issue is even with the normal non space saver skimmers?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back