Reef octopus air intake noisy

Loki11b

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Casper
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all so I know this is kinda a dead horse but I can’t find an answer specifically addressing this issue. I have an 8 inch reef octopus classic 200 int that is brand new it makes a loud gurgling sound and if I place my hand over the pump intake it goes away release it it comes right back remove the Venturi valve and it goes away put it back on the pump it comes right back. Any way to shut this thing up for good?
 
Do you see a vortex forming from the intake pump to the surface of the water? If you do. Did you follow the recommended depth the skimmer should be in?
 
Do you see a vortex forming from the intake pump to the surface of the water? If you do. Did you follow the recommended depth the skimmer should be in?
No vortex the skimmer is at recommended depth
 
I'm having this issue with the SSS Elite skimmer, the one with the upside down pump. But I thought the issue was just due to these skimmers. Im having the same issue as you are for a year, and thought I could switch it to the normal INT/Classic skimmers to resolve this. Are you saying this issue is even with the normal non space saver skimmers?
 
I'm having this issue with the SSS Elite skimmer, the one with the upside down pump. But I thought the issue was just due to these skimmers. Im having the same issue as you are for a year, and thought I could switch it to the normal INT/Classic skimmers to resolve this. Are you saying this issue is even with the normal non space saver skimmers?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new