Reef octopus bio churn reactor clogging

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamsfour
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamsfour

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
122
Location
Leesburg
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help
I have an external Reef Octopus bio churn pellet reactor. I use NPX pellet. I have a constant problem with the the bottom plate and top plate getting clogged up with broken down pellets. I have to clean at least once a week. I have tried slowing the flow and speeding up. Neither change what is happening. Anyone have an experience with issue and if so how did you resolve. Thanks in advance.
 
Looking for help
I have an external Reef Octopus bio churn pellet reactor. I use NPX pellet. I have a constant problem with the the bottom plate and top plate getting clogged up with broken down pellets. I have to clean at least once a week. I have tried slowing the flow and speeding up. Neither change what is happening. Anyone have an experience with issue and if so how did you resolve. Thanks in advance.
Either slow the reactor flow down or use a different pellet.
I used only reef octopus pellets in mine and never had an issue.
Not all pellets are created equally nor are all of them able to run in every reactor, no matter what they say.
You may have to experiment until you find one that doesn't crumble.
Hope that helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new