• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Octopus Classic 150ext Recirculating Protein Skimmer - Works A-1 ( External Unit !!)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This can pull the gunk and quickly. VERY QUIET running unit and very dependable. This is an EXTERNAL unit, so it does not need to go into sump, saving a lot of space and especially helpful for those with small sump.

** Please note that when I bought this (slightly used), it arrived damaged ! I use acrylic weld-on and it repaired it well. No hazing and very clean.
*** Pump DOES NOT go in water - So not to be immersed !!! ****

This was $359 and is still $359 and am selling shipped $190 and will insure. I will pack this super well so it does not get damaged again.

Price is VERY FIRM as I will end up with maybe $150 after shipping and PP fees.

As one of the Reef Octopus Classic Series skimmers, this Classic 150ext will provide great performance for well stocked aquariums up to 200 gallons. It is constructed from high quality cast acrylic, o-ring sealed union pump mount, bubble diffuser top notch craftsmanship .
This skimmer has a gate valve which allows for more precise control of water level.
The collection cup has a quick release neck for easy removal for cleaning. It requires 1/2 inch of clearance to remove the cup.

- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production - This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect
- Oversized Air Silencer for quiet operation and airline mount
- Collection Cup with flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- Precision Control with the easy to turn output flow valve

roclassic150ext5001.jpg

Classic-110-EXT1-500x765.png

1.png

Specifications:

• Dimensions: 10.4"L x 9.25"W x 22.8"H
  • Body Size: 5" Diameter
  • Neck Size: 2.5" Diameter
  • Cup Size: 4.7" Diameter
  • Output: 1.25"
  • Water Inlet: .5" Union, .51" Barb
  • Tank Volume: 132 gal

Last edited:
OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BUMP

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Skimmer SOLD. Mods, please close ad

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back