reef octopus classic

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdpeters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jdpeters

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
926
Reaction score
476
Location
eatonville washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my ro skimmer is new in a new tank. been running nearly 1 week and still is over flowing. air intake is clear and water level is within manufacture suggested range. I have patience but will it stop once my tank begins to cycle? do I need to take it out and vinegar bath it? should I continue to let it run its course? ty guys
 
What model and what water depth is its running in?
First I would make sure the gate valve is fully open. If it doesn't calm down in another week I work give it a good cleaning in hot water and vinegar. It's not uncommon for a skimmer to take 2 weeks or more to break in.
 
its a classic 110. i believe i have it set at 7.5 inches of water. gate valve is fully open as well. i have been just letting it run because the tank is in its initial cycle and im not rushing anything. probably will wait 8~ weeks before i transfer corals and such. i do have 3-4 pounds of rock from my other tank in it currently.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new