Reef Octopus Diablo DC 10500

YEGReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone else on here has one or maybe a similar model. Recently purchased one used and the seller really pushed how quite it was, but when I set it up, it definitely has a louder humming to it, a bit too much. Initially, I thought maybe cause it's connected directly to PVC pipe and I should replace it with a rubber hose but when I put it in a bucket of water with no connections I could still hear the humming noise.

Any suggestions, I did somewhat take it apart and it's super clean. Is my bucket test not the proper way to test it?

Any cheap DIY material I can put around it that would minimize the humming? Or should I find myself something else?

Thank you

OP
OP
Y

YEGReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the bump.
Think all is good now though, weird I took it apart again put it back and now definitely a lot quieter.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be the rigid pipe connection... This was happening with my basement sump pump (for the house, not a tank) every time I pulled it out to clean the float valve. I would have to reconnect it just right, or the whole house would vibrate when that thing kicked on. I finally cut out a section of pipe, and put a rubber joint in front of the check valve. That solved the issue.

Or it could be a bit of crud that shook lose when you cleaned it, and finally worked it's way out, since it was making noise in the bucket too.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back