Reef Octopus Essence 130 bubble line fluctuations

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have had my new Reef Octo Essence 130 for about a four days now and have been working on tuning it. Today I noticed the bubble line fluctuating a couple inches up and down repeatedly right before my eyes. Wondering if this is normal or not and if not what I should do here. Started with the Venturi knob at 16 and been pulling decently green skim, have decreased it a few time to bring the water level up as needed.

Any advice is appreciated!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several Reef Octopus skimmers including the Essence 130. I have found the 130 to be the most finicky, but I haven't seen it fluctuate that much. If you are getting solid skimmate after 4 days, then you are probably doing pretty well but you may want to reach out to CoralVue support ([email protected]) for any additional suggestions. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several Reef Octopus skimmers including the Essence 130. I have found the 130 to be the most finicky, but I haven't seen it fluctuate that much. If you are getting solid skimmate after 4 days, then you are probably doing pretty well but you may want to reach out to CoralVue support ([email protected]) for any additional suggestions. Good luck!
Email sent! Thanks for your input. Years ago before I took A break I had a couple reef octopus skimmers including one HOB that all ran flawlessly almost instantly. Hoping they will help me get this one running smooth!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back