• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Octopus Hurricone Cat-2 External Skimmer

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is a well maintained and in excellent condition a RO Hurricone protein skimmer. I'm the original owner and it comes with a brand new spare Bubble Blaster pump.

This is the same exact skimmer that World Wide Coral uses on their main display tank. I didn't want to post a link in case it's not allowed per forum rules? But if you google BRS's WWC vids you'll find were they mentioned it is the backbone of their mechanical filtration.

I only took it offline because I installed a new custom sump and went with an internal skimmer. Runs like a champ and skims like crazy. Comes with ALL the necessary plumbing & valves, cleaned and 100% ready to use.

Price is $500 and local pickup at this point due to large packaging, etc (or meet within a 1-hr distance).

PM with any questions and I'll be happy to answer them promptly.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2836.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2849.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_282f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_283f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2845.jpg

KibP+0ZkTryxeMq1HvI%Xw_thumb_2830.jpg

fHOLIymWQRSfLKmwtctW3A_thumb_2834.jpg

OP
OP
turfster26

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spare BB pump has been sold. Hurricone skimmer complete still available.

$400 obo for a power plant external skimmer

Money_Pit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm in ny too but if it's local pickup I don't wanna drive 4 hours

OP
OP
turfster26

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOLD to a lucky reefer.....one of the BEST skimmers on the market. Will miss it!

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one but internal and will keep it for ever!! This skimmer pulls out some crap like I have never seen before!!

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the skimmer in question and am running it on an aprox. 300 gallon system. It’s more then enough skimmer for the job. Just be aware it’s not made any more and parts may not be readily available for it. Plumbing is originally metric too. Mine came with extra fittings and I am getting extra o’rings just so I have them if one gets lost or needs replaced. It’s a big boy skimmer!

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the skimmer in question and am running it on an aprox. 300 gallon system. It’s more then enough skimmer for the job. Just be aware it’s not made any more and parts may not be readily available for it. Plumbing is originally metric too. Mine came with extra fittings and I am getting extra o’rings just so I have them if one gets lost or needs replaced. It’s a big boy skimmer!

That is correct but if you just research u can find replacement parts. Also that pump is hard if not impossible to find but again you can find pumps with the same cfm draw and gph to replace it and get same effect!! I love it and will prob not ever replace the skimmer itself.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back