Reef octopus INT-110 with ozone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arisbel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arisbel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
128
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m using this RO INT-110 SSS skimmer for ozone becuase it was recommended by an LFS due to its ozone resistance. I purchased it to be used with a Poseidon 200. The ozone is at the absolute lowest it can go and I can still smell it very much. Am I doing something wrong? I made sure it wasn’t the unit by using another ozone generator with the same skimmer and I could still smell it. Does anyone use a SMALL skimmer for their ozone only? If so, which one? I think I might need to switch brands for this particular job.
 
I run a Poseidon 200 with my Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer (set to "4" on the dial) and replaced the nylon air valve screw with a titanium one instead. I have a very acute/sensitive smell and cannot detect any ozone (but I'm not running the Poseidon with an air pump, either).
 
I run a Poseidon 200 with my Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer (set to "4" on the dial) and replaced the nylon air valve screw with a titanium one instead. I have a very acute/sensitive smell and cannot detect any ozone (but I'm not running the Poseidon with an air pump, either).
Interesting. Yeah I’m not running an air pump either, although I do have the single-bed air dryer they sell, but it’s not hooked up yet as I don’t feel as though I need it right now since I can’t dial it back even more and the leak somewhere is making the ozone work very poorly. My ORP won’t drop at all.

move contacted Maxspect to see if they’d sell me an ozone replacement kit for the Aeraqua Duo AD600, but I haven’t heard back yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new