Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer issues

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I been running my Reef Octo 110 for almost 2 years. I switched my sump and just now put my skimmer in. Well apparently while it was out I’m assuming my 4 yr old twisted the gate valve all the way to one side. Soooooo is the whole two week break in period applicable now or am I able to sit here and try and dial it in?

I have started trying to dial it in and I notice when I’m at work the bubbles reach the cup at around noon. But then fizzles back down.

shoot me some advice please.

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I been running my Reef Octo 110 for almost 2 years. I switched my sump and just now put my skimmer in. Well apparently while it was out I’m assuming my 4 yr old twisted the gate valve all the way to one side. Soooooo is the whole two week break in period applicable now or am I able to sit here and try and dial it in?

I have started trying to dial it in and I notice when I’m at work the bubbles reach the cup at around noon. But then fizzles back down.

shoot me some advice please.
You’ve probably considered this, but I thought I’d ask anyway...is the water level in your new sump the same as your old sump?

OP
OP
Newbie1

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok honesty street, I forgot what level I was and I’m 99% sure the water level is lower in the new one. I used a Tupperware container as a stand, and I remember the water level was almost midway of the return exit point. But sitting on the same container it’s standing really high above the water.

Back