Reef Octopus replacement pump

bylinepjw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a Reef Octopus with a Varios 6 needle wheel on my 180 for years, but it is becomming increasingly troublesome and parts are getting more and more expensive. Has anyone found a plug-and-play replacement for the Varios 6?
 
Curious what kind of problems you've been having?

Would you have to basically cut off the union fitting from the skimmer and glue up something else in its place?

Do you think the skimmer itself would be worth the effort? I haven't found mine to be very impressive in the year or so I've had it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new