Reef Octopus VarioS 2

CamInDFW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.. I recently picked up a Ref Octopus VarioS 2 for my RSR 170... Would you guys mount the float valve low to prevent the pump from running dry or high to prevent possible overflows?

As always.. many thanks!

Cameron

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.. I recently picked up a Ref Octopus VarioS 2 for my RSR 170... Would you guys mount the float valve low to prevent the pump from running dry or high to prevent possible overflows?

As always.. many thanks!

Cameron
Hmmm. Depends on what the problem possibilities are. I have my VarioS6 mounted for low = off for pump protection but, I have a high sump switch connected to my BOB on my Neptune Apex for controlling my ATO, the only source of overfilling a sump. Generally, if your sump is high and you shut off the return pump you will likely overflow the sump depending on where you set you high switch at. You have to consider what is feeding your sump to cause it to reach a high mark and what will happen if you shut off the return pump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back