Reef octopus varioS 6 pulsing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Recently got my tank up and running. I have had the reef octopus for about 2 years brand new in box. Now that it’s hooked up I notice what appears be to be inconsistent pressure. Looks and feels like speed is changing. Anyone experiance this?
 
I am running two Varios8 pumps with no issues. I did have one replaced though as it had a similar issue. It would spike up and then drop down again inconsistently.

What do you use to measure the pressure? How do you know its happening? :upside-down-face: My apex flowmeter gave it away..

I contacted the UK distributor and had mine replaced, although it was within warranty at the time.
 
I am running two Varios8 pumps with no issues. I did have one replaced though as it had a similar issue. It would spike up and then drop down again inconsistently.

What do you use to measure the pressure? How do you know its happening? :upside-down-face: My apex flowmeter gave it away..

I contacted the UK distributor and had mine replaced, although it was within warranty at the time.
I have the nozzles near the surface of the water and can watch the surface of the water go still then it becomes turbulent then still and so on. I don’t have a type of flow meter. So basically I am SOL as far as getting a replacement. Thank you for the reply.
 
If it comes on just fine again with no immediate interruption id just keep it and not replace it! You may want start setting aside some funds for when it does break though, but chances are it will run just fine ☺️

Maybe contact CoralVue for advice, it may be that you can reset it somehow or have a new driver at a reduced cost.
 
If it comes on just fine again with no immediate interruption id just keep it and not replace it! You may want start setting aside some funds for when it does break though, but chances are it will run just fine ☺️

Maybe contact CoralVue for advice, it may be that you can reset it somehow or have a new driver at a reduced cost.
I’ll reach out to them, and I do need a pump for my make shift mixing station. So I’ll probably use until I find a replacement. Then use this pump for mixing saltwater. At least there is no live stock in tank yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new