Reef octopus varioS 6 pulsing?

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Recently got my tank up and running. I have had the reef octopus for about 2 years brand new in box. Now that it’s hooked up I notice what appears be to be inconsistent pressure. Looks and feels like speed is changing. Anyone experiance this?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two Varios8 pumps with no issues. I did have one replaced though as it had a similar issue. It would spike up and then drop down again inconsistently.

What do you use to measure the pressure? How do you know its happening? :upside-down-face: My apex flowmeter gave it away..

I contacted the UK distributor and had mine replaced, although it was within warranty at the time.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two Varios8 pumps with no issues. I did have one replaced though as it had a similar issue. It would spike up and then drop down again inconsistently.

What do you use to measure the pressure? How do you know its happening? :upside-down-face: My apex flowmeter gave it away..

I contacted the UK distributor and had mine replaced, although it was within warranty at the time.
I have the nozzles near the surface of the water and can watch the surface of the water go still then it becomes turbulent then still and so on. I don’t have a type of flow meter. So basically I am SOL as far as getting a replacement. Thank you for the reply.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it comes on just fine again with no immediate interruption id just keep it and not replace it! You may want start setting aside some funds for when it does break though, but chances are it will run just fine ☺️

Maybe contact CoralVue for advice, it may be that you can reset it somehow or have a new driver at a reduced cost.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it comes on just fine again with no immediate interruption id just keep it and not replace it! You may want start setting aside some funds for when it does break though, but chances are it will run just fine ☺️

Maybe contact CoralVue for advice, it may be that you can reset it somehow or have a new driver at a reduced cost.
I’ll reach out to them, and I do need a pump for my make shift mixing station. So I’ll probably use until I find a replacement. Then use this pump for mixing saltwater. At least there is no live stock in tank yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back