Reef octopus water height question

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions say that it operates best at 6-8" of water. I also read somewhere that the outlet pipe with the gate valve should not be submerged. Mine is sitting right about 7 1/2" and the outlet pipe is partially under water. Should I raise the skimmer another inch? Or is it ok for the outlet to be partially under water?
887acba2d45e168715a3507ad39c3911.jpg
 
Interesting I've never read that. If I remember correctly mine is sitting in 5-6" of water. The outlet pipe is about 1/2-2/3 submerged. I was thinking of buying or building a silencer because sometimes you can hear the water rushing out of there. Its an SRO XP 2000. Curious to see what others have to say. Mine skims fine. Its a little on the wet side, and I can't seem to pull that really dark dry stuff out, but so far its been good.
 
Do you see the Crees on the Skimmer that is where the water line is usually.I have mine in 4 inches of water and works great for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new