Reef Octopus WaterBlaster HY-5000 return pump. $100 obo reasonable offer

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HY-5000 WaterBlaster return pump. Excellent condition, downsizing since my softies don't need as much flow as my previous SPS/LPS did. Very efficient high flow pump.

These are $255 everywhere online.

$120

I had a lot of people help me when I was getting started in the Reef hobby over 20 years ago and I'm returning the favor.

Last edited:

MLSReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AZ,
Is this still available? Do you think this would work for a 65G /w 29G sump? I'm new to reefing and gathering parts

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great pump, especially if you are keeping or plan to keep SPS and LPS hard corals with high flow requirements.
I have it on Craigslist and OfferUp right now for $80. Pulled it out of my sump, soaked it in vinegar and it's ready to go.

MLSReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really good price. Im quite interested although I'm not 100% sure what corals I plan to keep in my tank.

BTW; when I started working at SpectraPure I was always reading the forums and your name popped up on almost every thread, I've gained an immense amount of knowledge from your post and for that I am truly grateful!

OP
OP
AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I could help.
You won't find a better pump for $80.
Nice thing with centrifugal aquarium pumps is if the flow it too much you can install a ball or gate valve on the discharge side and throttle the flow. This in no way harms the pump and reduces the watts or power consumption since the pump is doing less work.

MLSReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I could help.
You won't find a better pump for $80.
Nice thing with centrifugal aquarium pumps is if the flow it too much you can install a ball or gate valve on the discharge side and throttle the flow. This in no way harms the pump and reduces the watts or power consumption since the pump is doing less work.

I sure wont find a better pump for this price. I sent you a PM!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back