Reef Panda 25 gal nano

I love your pics! I love lords so maybe I’m a little bias :)

About the tub - I’ve often wondered to mysef if that might be the best way to budget reef. I often think my favourite way to see coral is to look down on them, so why not just house them in a big tub?

But I don’t think my wife would go for it lol
Thank you! Tell her it’s a mini saltwater pond 😂
 
Have started using Tropic Marine Pro salt for the last month and I’m very happy with the results. Here’s a short clip of the tank from all sides

 
After 2 months of managing high phosphates, it looks like things are going pretty well. Aiming for 0.1 over the coming weeks.

On the down side, the slight KH glitch took out 2 mini SPS colonies. Such is reefing life.

IMG_8876.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Update : copperband has been rehomed to LFS’s main display tank. Slight change in T5 tubes, now running 5 x blue plus and 3 x coral plus

IMG_9057.jpeg
 
Now running 14K metal halides and prefer the color over 10K, that was a bit yellowish. Started dosing NeoNitro as my Nitrates has bottomed out.

Had a couple of small SPS colonies STN but luckily managed to frag them. Part and parcel of keeping SPS 😜

 
Last edited:
Added A8SE just for the additional blues when taking videos. Will be adding some hammers soon to the tank

 
Finally managed to get my hands on a proper MH & T5 light fixture. Tank looks much better now 🤣

KEV04879.jpeg


IMG_2048.jpeg
 
Found a new source for MH bulbs and have started using the 14000K bulbs. Project for next week, I’ll need to tidy up the cables and power points.


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new